Our project is passionate about education and seeks to empower individuals to advocate for their rights. Our first publication was a manual on social security law (above). Because the law is always changing, we will be updating our manual periodically. Check back here for updates, new editions and new know-your-rights materials (example below).
For more on Chronic Kidney Disease affecting sugarcane workers:
- National Geographic Mini-Documentary "Under Cane" by Ed Kashi
- NBC "In Nicaraguan sugarcane community, workers stare death in the face"
- National Geographic "Can Sugarcane Workers Be Saved With Simple Water and Shade?"
- Recent Scientific Statement by CENCAM (Consortium for the Epidemic of Nephropathy in Central America and Mexico)
- Vice "The Silent Epidemic Behind Nicaragua's Rum"
- Al Jazeera America "Silent kidney epidemic ravages Central America sugar belt"