Who Is PASE?
PASE is a civil society organization dedicated to the promotion of labor and human rights in the agricultural and textile industries of Nicaragua. PASE, through its promotion of social dialogue between communities, unions, state actors, companies and civil society organizations, has established relationships marked by open communication and collaboration at the national and international level.
PASE has extensive experience:
- Developing teaching and training materials,
- Training agricultural and textile workers,
- Developing research studies on socio-occupational conditions, human rights and the environment in national and regional economic sectors,
- Supporting union leaders to mediate labor disputes with their employers and,
- Providing legal services to farm workers to try to resolve complaints of labor violations filed in state institutions.
For more on PASE and past projects go to http://www.pasenic.org/